Free NI & GB Standard Delivery

on orders over £115

Free next day local delivery

on orders over £95 (BT15, BT36, BT37 & Greenisland ONLY)


Free R.O.I Standard delivery

on orders over £150

Santa Alicia Reserva Carménère

The Maipo Valley, nestled between the Andes Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, boasts a climate and soil composition ideal for cultivating high-quality grapes. The Santa Alicia Reserve Carménère reflects the essence of this terroir, presenting a wine that beautifully balances ripeness, acidity, and minerality.

The vineyards are located mainly in the area of ​​María Pinto and Melipilla, longest part of the Maipo Valley, located closer to the coastal area having more moderate temperatures due to the breezes from the Pacific Ocean, preserving in a better way the typical aromas of the vineyards.

Harvest is done by hand, destemming and grinding.  A cold maceration process, extracts aromas and ripe tannins.
Fermentation is in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature, between 25-28 ° for 10-12 days.

60% of the mixture is aged for approximately 6 months in French and American oak wood, the other 40% it is kept in stainless steel tanks preserving its fruit characteristics.

Upon pouring, the Santa Alicia Reserva Carménère reveals a deep, vibrant ruby-red hue that hints at the wine’s intensity. The nose is an enticing blend of dark berries, such as blackberry and black cherry, intertwined with subtle notes of spices, tobacco, and a touch of vanilla.

Carménère’s bold and robust character makes it an excellent companion for a variety of dishes. Its affinity for grilled meats, especially lamb and beef, makes it a go-to choice for barbecue enthusiasts. Additionally, the wine’s velvety texture and dark fruit notes make it a delightful pairing with hearty stews, game meats, and aged cheeses.



6 in stock

Santa Alicia Reserva Carménère